Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Year in Review - 2008

As I sit and think of all the wonderful things that have come to pass this year, there are too many write about. I'd be here all evening and probably miss the new year coming in at midnight. Yet, for all these things, I am grateful and completely realize how truly blessed I really am.

From being able to ring in the year of 2008 with all of my family here at my home, especially Adam and his new family, to friendships that are new and the ones that have only gotten closer and dearer to me, to watching my little ones grow and mature, to a niece receiving her driver's license and yet another niece receiving her learner's license. I am so very thankful that I still have both of my parents as this year draws to a close and also thankful fewer deaths of those that I love and hold dear.

Yes, there were more trials and hardships than I wanted but I know those were for a purpose too. And, though I am so very certain that I truly complained well about each and every one of them, I know that had I not gone through those I wouldn't be where I am right now. Eagerly anticipating what God is going to do in my life and the lives of my family.

I have also watched friends and family struggle through this year, yes I wish those hadn't happened as well, but I am so happy to say that they have endured well and continue to see the blessings and miracles and friendships and love that God has brought to them as well.

We had three new births this year! One in the phsyical and two in the spiritual. Now, those are truly blessings to remember.

On June 20th, my granddaughter was born. There is nothing as wonderful as a newborn baby to bring new life into a family and this world. Full of love and beautiful dark hair, she is such a precious child and I am so excited to watch her as she grows. Albeit, most of the growing I will be able to see will be through pictures and all the news her parents share, but I know God has a purpose and a plan for her life. Nothing is more fun than watching a child grow. She and her older brother are blessings in my life. Grandchildren as just SPECIAL!

On August 24, 2008, my brother accepted Christ and was baptised. This year has been a long hard journey for him, yet he never failed to see where his real strength came from. No greater testimony that that - walking through a trial and letting God pull you closer and closer to Him, until you say "Yes Lord, here I am.". Praise God.

On November 13th, my very own Master C accepted Christ as his Savior and on December 21st he completed that with baptism. Oh the tears of joy that were shed that morning.

As I sit and think of all we have been through this year, and looking forward to what is ahead, I am not worried, scared or fearful. The Lord has been faithful to us and He shall continue, I have no doubts.

I am not one to make new year resolutions, but I do have goals set for next year. Things I would like to do and achieve; people I want to get to know better and see more often; and, just live a better life. However, going into 2009 I most importantly want to do what God has set for me. To know that as I go forward I am going in His will and ways. I know I shall never be perfect, but I do pray that I continue to mature and grow in Christ.

I love you, my family, with all my heart!

I wish all of you a truly blessed and prosperous New Year. Love those in your life and hold them close.

And, as I close I will leave you with the video below. Have a

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


No comments: