Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We did it!!!

I haven't posted on here for a while and there is so much that I probably should have posted and shared. Just know, we haven't been slack or lazy - just busy.

Tonight, we finished reading the [Children's] Bible all the way through. This has been a wonderful accomplishment not only for me, but for Colin and Colleen. When I read the very last story tonight, about John's vision of the new Heaven, Colin had tears in his eyes. We just cried and laughed and are so thankful to God that we completed this goal. Next up, Colin has put in to read this Bible all the way through, all by himself. Please pray for him as he begins this journey. It's a big step for a six year old.

Prayer is something the Lord has truly began to burden my heart about. I have been reading and studying and really trying to learn the best way for ME to talk with God. We have prayertime every night before bed. God has blessed my heart hearing my children talk to Him. They are learning that it is important to have a relationship with the Lord and for them to know that He is always here for them.

Philippians 4:4-7 (The Message)
The Message (MSG)

Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute! Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

No comments: